Online Community & Travel Guide
Serving Playa del Carmen & Riviera Maya
In The Roo on Facebook In The Roo on Twitter

Thread: Long Term Parking at Cancun Airport

Default Long Term Parking at Cancun Airport

A local emailed me with this question. Can anyone help her?
    Do you know if there is long term parking at the Cancun airport and how much? (5 days)

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    A local emailed me with this question. Can anyone help her?
    I don't think there is

I decided to do a search on Cancun airport, and what do you know, they have an informative website. Daily parking is $150 pesos.

Cancun Airport - Parking

A taxi will cost at least 1200 pesos round trip from Playa. That's 8 days of parking. For trips of a week or less it makes sense. Especially since we usually return with six bags of stuff. Thanks for the info!

I've never seen any long-term parking either, but, would a park-and-fly from the Courtyard Marriot be an option? I've read that they have a shuttle, so maybe that would be something worth checking on.

Long term parking is available in both Terminal 2 and 3 parking lots. 150 pesos per day. Have used a few times and no problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-0 View Post
    I've never seen any long-term parking either, but, would a park-and-fly from the Courtyard Marriot be an option? I've read that they have a shuttle, so maybe that would be something worth checking on.

I decided to do a search on Cancun airport, and what do you know, they have an informative website. Daily parking is $150 pesos.

Cancun Airport - Parking
    That site is not affiliated with the airport.
    As informative as it is, it's a private company offering tour/transfer services.

Is daily parking considered long term? I guess it is if you leave your car there for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Babaloo View Post
    That site is not affiliated with the airport.
    As informative as it is, it's a private company offering tour/transfer services.
    You're right. They do a good job of making it seem official. But I looked up the owner of the website domain, and it is a company offering tourist services. Hopefully, the information they provide is good.

This is the official Cancun airport website, and it is not as helpful.
    ASUR > Airports > Cancún > Cancún International Airport

Quote Originally Posted by Babaloo View Post
    Is daily parking considered long term? I guess it is if you leave your car there for a while.
    Exactly

Cancun Airport - Parking
    That is NOT the Cancun Airport web site. This is an advertising site (owned by ELE Tourism, Inc. of Florida) that contains a lot of miss information. The purpose of this site is for advertising, transportation tours etc. They will often make up stuff in order to drive traffic to their own businesses which is mainly airport transfers. And they are not even owners of the airport transportation franchise. They can only pick up people if they make a booking. Owners of the transportation franchises (like Grey Line) can actually wait at the airport.

If you want to see the airport website (i.e. the one set up by the company that owns the airport) go here:
    ASUR > Airports > Cancún > Cancún International Airport

Again be careful about the site Libby is directing people to; because they trick you into thinking the site is something it is not, don't expect them to be honest about other things. ASUR owns the airport they have an obligation to be honest, these other people have no obligation.

I am not saying everything on the fake site is wrong, but often key information is wrong. Stick to the official site or even Wiki and you'll have a better chance of getting the correct information. This is NOT an informative site it is a fake site containing many lies.

Look at this example from the fake site:
    "Cash” upon arrival is strictly prohibited.

This is intended to lead victims to believe that they can't simply pay for transportation with cash when they arrive. Something which is patently false.

There are more egregious lies on the site but I hate looking at it, so I'm not going to dig up better examples; but they are there. I know because I usually just respond to the things the hapless tourists post when they read garbage from the advertising site and think they are on the airport web site.

(Yes I posted this before finding the other two posts above it. But I think I'll just leave it. I love Libby's optimism. These people set up a fake site and then all a sudden leave it up and start being honest......right of course they do. I'm sure that type of thing happens all the time, I just never see it.)

Over the years these people have caused a lot of confusion with their lies and miss information. It is sad to see active links to their site from this one.
    Last edited by flamboyan; 12-13-2009 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flamboyan View Post
    Again be careful about the site Libby is directing people to; because they trick you into thinking the site is something it is not, don't expect them to be honest about other things. ASUR owns the airport they have an obligation to be honest, these other people have no obligation.

I am not saying everything on the fake site is wrong, but often key information is wrong. Stick to the official site or even Wiki and you'll have a better chance of getting the correct information. This is NOT an informative site it is a fake site containing many lies. .
    Wow. You don't want anybody to believe anything on this site but you recommend they believe everything in Wiki

Or how about this one ? "You don't need a sticker for your U.S. car in Playa."

Look at this example from the fake site:
    "Cash” upon arrival is strictly prohibited.

This is intended to lead victims to believe that they can't simply pay for transportation with cash when they arrive. Something which is patently false.
    Are you intentionally being specious You are quite right in that they are selling services that will be delivered by someone else. That's pretty common in the "vacation" industry. Of course they wouldn't want their customers simply paying cash to the driver. And that's a problem .. why ?

There are more egregious lies on the site but I hate looking at it, so I'm not going to dig up better examples; but they are there. I love Libby's optimism. These people set up a fake site and then all a sudden leave it up and start being honest......right of course they do. I'm sure that type of thing happens all the time, I just never see it.)
    I, for one, am appreciative of her efforts. This is the information I was looking for and I found it very helpful.

Over the years these people have caused a lot of confusion with their lies and miss information. It is sad to see active links to their site from this one.
    You obviously have your own agenda. I have learned to take anonymous and vicious attacks against others with a bit of a grain of salt.

Again, thanks for the info. I leave for the airport Wednesday and now know that long term parking is allowed at the airport.

Just to get this back on topic... I just got back from the "real world" after parking Lolita at the airport for 6 days. True to form... the rate was 165/day. Yikes... that was a fast way to burn $100usd!

Well, back from Dallas and car was just like I left it. It's a trade off. If you have a secure place to keep your car then you just need to figure out if it's cheaper to take a cab or park your car.

Of course, there is also the convenience factor.

Default been there - done that

surprised as well on no long term parking. When paying the high price leaving the airport parking, I asked the attendant if there was any other alternative...he said NADA