Online Community & Travel Guide
Serving Playa del Carmen & Riviera Maya
In The Roo on Facebook In The Roo on Twitter

Thread: Crappy ININITUM ADSL modem - unable to access the config

Default Crappy ININITUM ADSL modem - unable to access the config

Sooo... I've been trying to connect to the INFINITUM modem (model # TG585v7) I received from TELMEX (which does work). Unfortunately, I have not been able to connect to the modem's config (using the default gateway IP address over HTTP). I've tried the following after doing a lot of research:

username: Administrator

username: Administrador

username: Telmex provided account

Password: Telmex provided password

Password: blank password (no password)

Password: serial # of router

Password: Wep Key of router (which the manual suggests)

Password: connect2th

No combination of the above usernames and passwords have worked. I have also tried to perform a hard reset on the ADSL router without success. So now I am to the point that I want to crush said router into tiny bits or buy a router that will work with TELMEX.

Q #1: Any idea how to hack into this stupid router so that I can change the config? Some password I haven't considered?

Q #2: If you are using a different router than the INFINITUM so I can put this Piece-O-crap back in it's box and use a real modem than I can manage myself.

-Brent
    "The Donkey and Elephant have finally mated and live in the same house." - John Stanton

I have an ST585V6 and the username was definitely Administrator (with a 't'). I'm not sure what the password was, but it was probably the WEP KEY or Serial Number. The links I found for your model suggested replacing 8's with 0's (zero).

You should be able to replace the router with a model you pick up in the store. However, you will need to obtain the username/password for your ADSL service from Telmex. The router I got had one set by default, so I don't even know what the password is. Luckily, I've never needed to perform a hard reset, because I'm not sure if that value would be wiped with the reset.

I hope that helps!

Welcome to Mexico.

Hmmm... Tried the 8/0 thing - no go.

Is the reason I need the username/password for the TELMEX service is because they use PPOE for connectivity? I supposedly have this from them (got it when I setup the service) but did not include earlier - it's a pretty simplistic username/password method if you ask me, so maybe that wasn't it (started with "Tmx").

-Brent
    Last edited by Brent; 09-01-2010 at 05:29 PM. Reason: spelling
    "The Donkey and Elephant have finally mated and live in the same house." - John Stanton

Okay, here's the deal. TELMEX purposely changes the Administrator account to "TELMEX". So, you will need to use that as the Administrator account name and then enter in your Wep Key (located on the outside of the box and on the bottome of the modem) to log into the web interface.

I BEAT YOU TELMEX!

-Brent

(One last thing, at the top right corner of the web UI, you can change from the default language "ES" to Ingles "EN")
    Last edited by Brent; 09-01-2010 at 05:46 PM. Reason: spelling

How secretive of them. My guess is that they don't want mere mortals like us poking around in there.

Congrats!