Online Community & Travel Guide
Serving Playa del Carmen & Riviera Maya
In The Roo on Facebook In The Roo on Twitter
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ADO current bus schedule

Default ADO current bus schedule

We are going to Mexico in January 2010 for 2 weeks. Flying into Cancun and hoping to catch the ADO bus to Playa del Carmen and then to Mahahual in the Costa Maya. Can't seem to get proper info on the current websites. Does anyone have first hand info on the times that the ADO bus leaves bus station in PDC to go to Mahahual? Our plane arrives in Cancun at 12:37pm on Sat Jan 23. We can stay in Tulum the first night and take the bus from there. But just was wondering if possible to go directly to Mahahual or not on the same day. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

www.ticketbus.com.mx should get you to the current ADO schedules

Default ADO bus schedule

Yes, I have tried that already, but it doesn't give the information I need. Not sure but it doesn't tell you the trips to Mahahual

The bus schedules for 2010 do not appear to be working on Ticketbus.com.mx, so I'm just going off the schedule for the current month. The schedules don't change all that often, so chances are good that the schedules will be similar in January.

Right now, it appears that there are 2 daily departures from PDC to Mahahual, 12:50am and 8:50am for $174 MN.

There are also two daily departures from Tulum to Mahahual, 1:55am and 9:55am for $140 MN.

Without stopping in PDC or Tulum, you'd want to take the ADO bus from their main terminal in Cancun, which also has 2 daily departures, 7:30am and 11:30pm.

My guess is that your flight will arrive between 8am and 4pm. Therefore, it's possible that you'd be able to make it within 24 hours, but not very convenient. Spending a night in PDC or Tulum seems like a good option for ya.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by daitch View Post
    Yes, I have tried that already, but it doesn't give the information I need. Not sure but it doesn't tell you the trips to Mahahual
    You cannot go directly from the Cancun airport to Mahahual, therefore, you will not get any results if you select the airport option as your starting point.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    You cannot go directly from the Cancun airport to Mahahual, therefore, you will not get any results if you select the airport option as your starting point.
    Thanks for your help. There is one other thing. I am wondering if there are more options it I put it that I was going to Chetumal because I think we can get off at Limones and take a taxt to Mayan Beach Garden which is where we are going. If you have any info on that, please pass it on. Otherwise, I think you are right, that we should just stay in Tulum overnight which is what we had thought before. Thanks again!

If you want to go from downtown Cancun to Chetumal, your options really open up. There are trips at least once an hour (sometimes up to 3 an hour) most of the day. If you only want ADO, your choices are still limited, but still plentiful. ADO costs $258 MN and the trip is between 5hrs 45min to 6hrs.

If you do a search just to Limones, it only indicates 2 ADO daily departures, 7:30am and 11:30pm. I'm not sure if you can get the Chetumal bus to stop in Limones if it's not on their schedule. Sorry! There are other options during the day, but they are not on ADO - in fact, it doesn't specify which company, whatever that means.

Spending a night in Tulum might be easier to plan and more enjoyable than bus hopping all day.

Buen viaje! Let us know how your trip turns out.

I just tried to check for the schedule for November. Arriving November 20th around 4:00 - 4:30... Need to take the bus to Playa, but it gave me an error message. I guess I'll check back closer to November.
    Lucy

Lucy, the Ticketbus website is finicky, so persistence is key! They are making progress now - you can actually use browsers newer than Internet Explorer 6 on it.

I don't think the schedules change very frequently on the routes, so you can do a search for a nearby date and have a good idea of what the schedule will be when you arrive in November. Make a mental note to check a week or two before your trip and you should be all set.

I have checked again, and I'm still getting an error message. We are due to arrive on November 20th at 4:15 pm. Does anyone know what the bus schedule is for that time frame?
    Lucy

Quote Originally Posted by LucyE View Post
    I have checked again, and I'm still getting an error message. We are due to arrive on November 20th at 4:15 pm. Does anyone know what the bus schedule is for that time frame?
    5:10 and 6:00
    I think you'll miss the 4:20 bus
    And the fare is now 100 pesos

Hi Lucy, They usually don't publish the schedule that far in advance. Since you're arriving on a Friday, I checked for this Friday, October 30th. The schedule will most likely be the same. Although they may have more buses as there are usually more arrivals in November than in October.

Ticketbus still didn't show any ADO buses, so I went to ADO's website, http://www.ado.com.mx. Here are the departure times ADO listed from Cancun airport to Playa del Carmen for the evening of October 30th.

16:20
    17:10
    18:00
    19:30
    20:45
    22:00

Thanks Rick and Libby for the information. I'm starting to make my itinerary to give to everyone, so having this really helps!
    See you soon!
    Lucy

+ Reply to Thread