Online Community & Travel Guide
Serving Playa del Carmen & Riviera Maya
In The Roo on Facebook In The Roo on Twitter
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rodman

Thread: Punta Cancun Towers....luxury condo for 2-9.....reasonable

Default Punta Cancun Towers....luxury condo for 2-9.....reasonable

The original plan was for 4-6 of my friends to go to Cancun, and stay in this condo...actually, it was going to be 2 of us in an AI Hotel, then a couple others piped up and wanted in....so.......I went to my favorite booking of condos place VRBO, and found the Punta Cancun Towers....between the RIU and Fiesta whatchamacallit, just west of Dreams Cancun, and their lighthouse....
    Looked over a few places listed there, and picked a really nice place, owned by a couple of Coloradans....Betty's her name....you do your own research...booked it, and she got us a ride there and back from the airport....cool, and easy....once there, the "property manager" gave us the tour of the 2450 sq ft condo, and we were unpacking...!!! It's at the elbow of the 7 that is the island of the hotel zone, right next to the offices of Xcaret....with the Bentley parked out front....convention center across the street...
    I was stoked because the building is an easy walk to my scuba dive center, Scuba Fred/Nautilus Dives Cancun.... I did my pool and school work here in Wisconsin 4 years ago, and via the internet found this place, and my scuba Master, Octavio....who I got to dive with one day while there! Got Open water PADI certified there then, and have been back 5 times now....They do reference certifications, bring your record along, and they will do the open water dives, or do a Discover Scuba dive....or do the total Open Water dive certification....
    Upon arrival, we unpacked, and then needed to shop for sustenance....off to Chedarui we went....on Bonampak and Tulum Ave....at the bus stop....! Wal-Mart is bigger, but....this place has what you need, at good prices, and not too many gringos muck it up, so, I like it...did get hosed by the taxi driver, I think....cost $12 US to get back to the condo....used to be $8 to Casa Maya hotel....but that was @ 4 Km less...so....I should not really bother with it...
    Need to stop here to re-read picture instructions....and will just say good night...but....for a Cancun vacation.....don't do the hotels, or all inclusives, rent a condo....we were in total relaxation mode, no crowds at our pools...as in 3 of them...or beach, which was minimal...but the folks next door at the Tall RIU hotel...well, the hotel blocked the afternoon sun
    ;-)
    Libby likes this.

Thanks for sharing your thorough review of this Punta Cancun Towers
    Last edited by Libby; 07-17-2012 at 10:51 AM.