Online Community & Travel Guide
Serving Playa del Carmen & Riviera Maya
In The Roo on Facebook In The Roo on Twitter
Page 1 of 4 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Ongoing Events at Mom’s Bar

Hybrid View

Default Ongoing Events at Mom’s Bar

Jurgen, the new manager of Mom’s Bar, sent me some info about the events he has planned for Mom’s. Looks like fun!

MOM’S BAR

…Where something good is always cooking…

Good day to everybody and thank you very much for joining me at MOM’S reopening party. From what I hear everybody liked it and I was very pleased with the outcome.

Events!

I am working on a event schedule and we are starting right away. This Wednesday, December 10th we will start with a TEXAS HOLD’ EM POKER TOURNAMENT with the proceeds going towards the PEANUTS PET SHELTER. Buy in is 100 Pesos for 1500 Chip Value. No re-buys. MOM’S Bar will giving out prizes for the first, second and third Player (a bottle of Bacardi or Smirnoff for the winner, 200 Peso bar tab for the second place and third place will get a meal of their choice on a day of there choice. The plan is to have this every Wednesday but with Christmas and New year coming up we might have to change the days.

The tournament will start 7pm sharp and please come earlier so we can organize the tables and maybe even play a second tournament. Once people are eliminated they can play pool and darts for free while they are waiting. For this event I will cook pasta with a rich sauce bolognese and garlic bread. It will be available early.

Happy Hour!

Happy hour will be from 4 to 8 pm daily (except Sundays). Happy hour will include beers for 15 pesos and 2 for 1 house liquor.

Food!

I will be cooking something good every day. Dinner will be available between 6 and 7 pm in the evening. Have some Happy Hour drinks while you are waiting. The full meal deal will cost 70 Pesos. I will also serve half orders for 40 Pesos when you can not resist the good smell of food and you just want to eat a little bit.

Below is the menu for the upcoming weeks. Of course I have to adjust it once in a while to meet your needs but that is it for right now. If you are planning on coming with a big group please give me heads up a couple of days before since I will cook limited amounts otherwise and when it is gone it’s gone.

Menu

Ø Monday: Pork tenderloin with mashed potatoes and broccoli casserole with cheese

Ø Tuesday: Roast Beef with mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables

Ø Wednesday: Spaghetti with sauce bolognese and Garlic bread

Ø Thursday: Beef Stew with lots of vegetables and bread

Ø Friday: Chicken Casserole with traditional tomato sauce and penne pasta, garlic bread

Ø Saturday: Pork Stroganoff with white rice and veggies

Games!

I already have brand new tips for my billiard Que’s. I would appreciate if someone who knows how to put them on to stop at the bar with the tools necessary to put them on. The plan will be to have pool tournaments on Fridays.

There is also a demand for dart tournaments and Tribunal, Back Gammon and so on. If you like you can organize players that you know and let me know your plans and I can provide the place.

If you like you can forward this email to your friends and if they like the event schedules they can email me and I will put them in my address book.

Next week we have a telephone at MOM’S BAR that will be answered during business hours. Business Hours are Monday to Saturday from 4 pm to 10 pm. Happy Hour from 4 pm to 8 pm. After 10 pm we can continue to be open but need to avoid unnecessary noise in order not to disturb our Hotel Guests.

Once again, thank you for your patronage and I hope to see you soon at

MOM’S BAR

Now you can book your vacation rental with In The Roo!
    /rentals

wow, that sounds terrific!!!

Good work, Jurgen!

I’m sure it will be very successful with that kind of lineup.

Default Photos from Texas Hold’em Tournament 10/Dec/2008

Yesterday, Jurgen from Mom’s Hotel Bar hosted the first Texas Hold’em tournament fundraiser for the Peanut Pet Shelter. 12 players showed up for the benefit.

The finalists table – Allan, Tyra, Mohammed, Gary, Jurgen, and Andy:

Gary and Jurgen:

Andy is deep in tought:

Tyra bluffing… or is she?

I was in an artsy mood yesterday:

Paloma tending bar:

The unlucky players from the first round were able to entertain themselves by playing complimentary darts and pool – (or by taking artsy photos):

Rick, aka Mr. Pool Shark:

I hate to spoil the surprise, but the Peanut Pet Shelter now has some kick ass beer cozies:

Jurgen had some friends visiting from Belize:

And the winner is… Tyra:

$1200 pesos was raised from the entry fees.

Thanks, Jurgen, for putting this event together. Thanks as well to all for your continued support of the Pet Shelter.
    If you found useful information on In The Roo, please take a moment to register and Like the post(s) or send a thank you message to the author!

Great pics John. Can’t wait to get to Mom’s myself.

Dominos? *perk*

Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    This is exactly what we have been missing since Keith’s bar closed. Granted, we still don’t have a place to sneak off to in the middle of the day and play a game of dominos (and we’re going to have to work on the live music thing) but I’m not complaining. Congratulations Jurgen for your successful opening night party. With good food, great prices and plenty of things to draw people in, you are certain to do well. This kind of initiative will surely be rewarded.
    "Between the walls of man and make believe I can be found"
    Sinead Lohan

An update from Jurgen …

THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. The poker party was a wonderful night. Andy said that he was very pleased with the donations received. Let’s do it again so that all the Playa Pets have food for the holidays.

We do have a new email address and we have a telephone at the Bar. The number is 984 100 5685. That phone is only answered during our regular opening hours. We have containers now for the food to go. Everybody likes the cooking so far and now you can call and order. Big orders please call the day before and make reservation.

Events!

Christmas Eve and Christmas day I am planning to have a pot luck party. MOM’S provides a turkey and a ham for those days and everybody is supposed to bring a dish. I will set up the pool table buffet style so there is no specific time required. Our feast should be ready at 7 pm. If you are interested please let me know so I can organize the side dishes that we need. Please email me for that matter. Thanks.

Poker: Next Wednesday, December 17, 2008 we will have another

TEXAS HOLDEM POKER TOURNAMENT with the proceeds going towards the PEANUTS PET SHELTER. Buy in is 100 Pesos for 1500 Chip Value. No re-buys.

Prizes: MOM’S Bar will be giving out prizes for the first, second and third Player. 300 Pesos bar Tab for the winner, 200 Bar Tab Pesos for second and 100 Pesos Bar Tab for the third place.

The tournament will start 7pm sharp and please come early, so we can organize the tables and maybe even play a second tournament. Once people are eliminated they can play pool and darts for free while they are waiting. For this event I will cook pasta with a rich sauce Bolognese and garlic bread. It will be available early. Below you can find a link to poker rules.

Texas Hold ‘Em Poker Rules

Pool (Billiard) Tournament: Tomorrow, Saturday, December 12, 2008

Sorry for the short notice but I had computer problems. The tournament will continue to be on Saturdays.

Prizes: Winner: 250 pesos bar tab, Second place 150 pesos bar tab, Third place 100 pesos bar tab.

The Tournament starts at 7pm and 10 players are required.

I already have brand new tips for my billiard Que’s. I would appreciate if someone who knows how to put them on to stop at the bar with the tools necessary to put

Dart Tournament: Monday, December 15, 2008. We have a brand new Dart Board and brand new darts.

Prizes: Winner: 250 pesos bar tab, Second place 150 pesos bar tab, Third place 100 pesos bar tab.

Backgammon Tournament: Tuesday, December 16, 2008.

You need to bring your friend and your Back Gammon Board.

Happy Hour!

Happy hour will be from 4 to 8 pm daily (except Sundays). Happy hour will include beers for 15 pesos and 2 for 1 house liquor.

Menu

Ø Monday: Pork tenderloin, baked potato and vegetables

Ø Tuesday: Roast Beef with mashed potatoes and vegetables

Ø Wednesday: Spaghetti with sauce Bolognese and Garlic bread

Ø Thursday: Beef Stew with lots of vegetables and bread

Ø Friday: Chicken Casserole with traditional tomato sauce and penne pasta, garlic bread

Ø Saturday: Pork Stroganoff with white rice and veggies

Did I mention that we have FREE WIRELESS???

Once again, thank you for your patronage and I hope to see you soon at

MOM’S BAR

/rentals

On the ball as ever Libby …………. like it

Congratulations Jurgen
    I just want to add that a lot of friends and I showed up for dinner the other night and it was soooooo good
    D e l i c i o s o
    Living and working in Paradise =)

Another update from Jurgen …

Hola, mi amigos. Is everybody still alive out there? Happy New Year and all the best to you from the staff at MOM’S BAR. Thank you to everybody that joined us for the New Year’s Buffet. It was so good that from now on we will have a buffet night every Friday Night. More details you can read below. We have a lot of events and specials coming up. We hope you like it.

Events!

Monday, January 5th 2009 and Tuesday, January 6th 2009, 6.00 pm:

Spanish Classes: Paloma, will give one hour of Spanish Classes from 6pm to

7 pm at MOM’S BAR. This might be especially helpful to our hotel guests to learn the basics to get around town. Advanced and private classes are available as well. The cost is 100 Pesos per person per hour. If we have a high number of people that are interested than there will be a group discount. Happy Hour while you are learning. We will have a separate table for the lessons.

We will be serving Chicken Casserole with Pasta and Garlic Bread for 70 Pesos.

Tuesday, January 6th 2009, 7.00 pm:

Candle light Dinner and Live Music.

Live Music with Mario Alberto, One Man Band. Mario will entertain with his songs and his guitar and a little Amplifier. He gave some of our guests a little sample of his skills and we were amazed. Spanish Music, US Music and open for special requests, Mario will entertain us from 7 pm to 10 pm.

Special Dinner is Roast Beef, Mashed Potato and Gravy, Green Beans and Dinner Rolls. The Live Music Dinner costs 100 Pesos. Therefore no cover charge and a more extensive Meal will be served than during other week days. Reservation is recommended since there is only a limited amount of seats. Reservation can be made by email or calling the bar during business hours.

Wednesday, January 7th 2009:

We will only play bi-weekly Poker for the Pet Shelter. Every other Wednesday we will have a billiard and dart competition.

TEXAS HOLDEM POKER TOURNAMENT with the proceeds going towards the PEANUTS PET SHELTER. Buy in is 100 Pesos for 1500 Chip Value. No re-buys

The tournament will start 7pm sharp and please come early, so we can organize the tables and maybe even play a second tournament. Once people are eliminated they can play pool and darts for free while they are waiting. For this event I will cook pasta with a rich sauce Bolognese and garlic bread (70 Pesos for a full plate). It will be available early. Below you can find a link to poker rules.

Texas Hold ‘Em Poker Rules

Thursday, January 8th 2009:

Top Shelf Night

Spoil yourself once in a while and drink some Top-Shelf. Jagermeister, Centenario, JB, Jonny, Jack, Baileys and other assorted liquors are 35 Pesos.

What a treat. Of course we will have something special cooking that night. (Surprise).

Friday, January 9th 2009:

All you can eat buffet for 100 Pesos.

Buffet includes:

– Pulled Pork

– Roast Beef

– Chile Frijoles Charros

– German potato salad

– Mashed potatoes

– Green bean Casserole

– French Onion soup

– Appetizers and Desserts

Buffet opens from 7 pm to 10pm. Reservation recommended.

Saturday, January 10th 2009:

No Limit Texas Hold ’em Sit and go. Play as long as you want and leave whenever you like. Details at the bar. Registration starts at 6 pm and the cards will hit the table at 7 pm.

We will be serving Beef Stroganoff over Pasta with Vegetables for 70 Pesos.

The new addition to the menu is that I have coffee and different desserts. Coffee is 15 pesos and Coffee with a shot is 50 pesos. Do your own creation and choose from Baileys, Kahlua, Amaretto, Brandy and so on. Of course we finish it of with a dull of whipped cream. Now you have another reason to stop at (your) MOM’S and enjoy a nice dessert. LOL.

Happy Hour!

Happy hour will be from 4 to 8 pm daily (except Sundays).

FREE WIRELESS!!! Telephone 984 100 5685.

Take out and catering is available.

Tyra got me an I-pod for Christmas. Thank you my love. Now we have lots of good music every night.

Thank you everybody for your patronage. Jurgen, Ricco and the staff from

MOM’S BAR

/rentals

Default Mom’s Bar Reopening Party & Ongoing Events

Hello my friend!

Happy Sunday=Fun day and Happy Halloween to you!!!

I am inviting you and your friends to come and join me on

Monday, November 1, 2010 to my

MOM’S BAR REOPENING POT LUCK PARTY at 7:00 pm. Bar opens at 4:00

I am preparing a scrumptious 20 lbs. PORK ROAST with mashed potatoes and gravy. Please bring a dish of your choice for you and your friends. If you don’t want to cook than feel free to bring cheeses, pastramis, salamis, cakes, pastries or anything that’s good. I have a lot of confirmations and we will have a wide spread of food. If you can not bring a dish than the charge for the buffet is 100 Pesos. Let’s soak up all the booze from the Halloween night before.

Other than that we proceed with business as usual.
    I could not roll out the red carpet for your arrival but Calle 4 just received new pavement and there is more parking available.
    As usual we will have our BBQ Baby Back Rib night on Wednesdays and we will have sometimes rotating guest chefs on Friday.
    Our traditional Poker Game is on Thursday and we have a Real Poker Table and brand new cards. Can’t wait to play Poker again!!!

Right now is the perfect time to host your Christmas Party for your Staff before we get into the crazy high season. I can accommodate easily 50 people. For big groups the bar could be available on Saturdays or Sundays. I am sure that I can meet your needs concerning the food and special group discounts are available. Tell your staff that you are treating them for Christmas at MOM’S…… they’ll appreciate that!!!

So, let’s see what we got cooking……..

Monday, November 1, 2010:

MOM’S BAR RE-OPENING POT LUCK PARTY:

Tuesday, November 2, 2010:

Traditional Roast Beef Dinner:

Back by popular demand!!! Slowly cooked Roast Beef served with Potatoes and Gravy and today’s fresh Vegetables.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010:

BBQ – Special:

Tonight we are serving “JIM’S FAMOUS HICKORY SMOKED BABY BACK RIBS” together with homemade Baked Beans,Baked Potato with Butter and Sour Crème.
    A half order is available for 90 Pesos and the full real deal for 150 Pesos!!!

Thursday, November 4, 2010:

Poker & Pool Tournament & Meatloaf:

The Meatloaf is served with Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans.

Friday, November 5, 2010:

Beef Stroganoff:

We serve tender strips of Beef, slowly simmered in the Crock Pot till they almost fall apart. The Beef Stroganoff is served over Fettuccini Pasta and comes with crispy Garlic Bread and a freshly mixed Garden Salad.

Saturday, November 6, 2010 & Sunday, November 7, 2010:

Closed! Sunday=Funday!!!
    Dinners are 80 Pesos unless stated otherwise. ½ Orders are available for 50 Pesos!
    We will always have a dessert as well. Ask you server. Dessert is not included.

FREE WIRELESS!!!

Happy Hour Monday –Friday from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm

We serve local Beer for 20 Pesos!!! House Drinks two for one!!!

Opening Hours: The bar is open from Monday to Friday from 4:00 pm to 11:00 pm.
    Telephone 984 100 5685. Email: momsbarpdc@gmail.com. Face Book: Moms Bar Pdc.

Take out and catering is available. We would love to host your Party!!!

Thank you everybody for your patronage. Hope to see you soon at
    MOM’S BAR
    Last edited by Libby; 11-11-2010 at 02:17 PM.

Mom – Stop It !!

You’re making me sooo hungry.

Wow – that all sounds good. Can’t wait to enjoy some Ribs and play a little poker.

Default New Menu starting Monday, Nov.15, 2010

MOM’S BAR

Hola Amigos!

Happy Sunday=Fun day!

I like to invite you and your family and friends to:

MOM”S THANKSGIVING POTLUCK PARTY, Thursday, November 25, 2010.

The Bar will be open at 4:00 pm and the Buffet is ready at 7.00 pm.
    I will provide a traditional baked Turkey with the Stuffing. If you like to participate than please get in touch with me to coordinate the side dishes. Otherwise you can just bring a dish of your choice. If you just like to walk in and eat than you need to pay 150 Pesos.
    I am looking forward to this Event and to see you!

New items on the menu (some are for our vegetarian friends):

1.) Today’s freshly mixed Garden Salad with the dressing of your choice and crispy Garlic Bread. Dressing choices include Blue Cheese, Ranch, Thousand Island, Cesar, Honey Mustard or homemade Italian. 35 Pesos.

2.) Today’s fresh Vegetables. 35 Pesos

3.) Baked Potato served with Butter & Sour Crème. 20 Pesos.

4.) Order of crispy Garlic Bread. 15 Pesos.

5.) BBQ Baby Back Ribs. Served as a meal or an Appetizer. Ask your server.

6.) Brownie with Vanilla Ice Cream. 25 Pesos.

7.) Coffee & Shot (Baileys, Amaretto, Kahlua, Grand Marnier…..) 50 Pesos

Soup Special of the week:

“MOM’S” Pork & Green Bean Potato Soup with Garlic Bread for 30 Pesos.

Monday, November 15, 2010:

Honey & Pineapple Glazed Smoked Ham:

Just to get a taste of the upcoming Holiday Season. I will serve this with Mashed Potato and fresh Vegetables.What a bargain for 80 Pesos!!!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010:

Chicken Fried Steak or Chicken Fried Chicken & Texas Hold’EM:

Back by popular demand!!! Of course we will serve this with Mashed Potatoes & Gravy and freshly mixed Vegetables for 80 Pesos.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010:

BBQ – Special: “JIM’S” FAMOUS HICKORY SMOKED BABY BACK RIBS:

Tonight we are serving “JIM’S FAMOUS HICKORY SMOKED BABY BACK RIBS” together with homemade Baked Beans, Baked Potato with Butter and Sour Crème and our secret BBQ Sauce.

Thursday, November 18, 2010:

Meal of your Choice & Poker & Pool Tournament:

You have the choice of Ribs, Ham, Chicken, Vegetables, Salad, Potato, Garlic Bread or Soup. Fix your own Combo for 80 Pesos.

Friday, November 19, 2010:

Shrimp Alfredo & Beef Stroganoff:

Tonight I am serving Shrimp Alfredo and Beef Stroganoff. Of course I will serve it over Fettuccini Pasta and there will be plenty of today’s freshly mixed Garden Salad with the dressing of your choice and crispy Garlic Bread for 80 Pesos.

Saturday, November 20, 2010 & Sunday, November 21, 2010:

Closed! Sunday=Funday!!!

FREE WIRELESS!!!

MOM’S BAR

Corner of Av. 30 and Calle 4, Enter through entrance on Avenida 30!

!

Default Menu Nov. 29, 2010 – December 3, 2010

MOM’S BAR

Hola Amigos!

Happy Sunday = Fun Day! The sun shining, the ocean is calling and there are Pool Parties everywhere! I like to send a warm welcome to my new contacts that I gathered at the “Taste of Playa Event”! If you like to share this email with a friend than you are more than welcome to do so.
    This week we will have a new dish on the menu that I believe is nowhere else available. It’s “Bubba’s” Jambalaya, Cajun Style. Read more about it below. So, let’s see what’s cooking at Mom’s this week!!!

Monday, November 29, 2010:

Shrimp “Alfredo” or Beef “Stroganoff”:

Both meals are served over Fettuccini Pasta and come together with today’s freshly mixed Garden Salad with the dressing of your choice and crispy Garlic Bread.
    What a bargain for 80 Pesos!!!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010:

Chicken Fried Steak or Chicken Fried Chicken or Chicken Cordon Blue or Pork Tenderloin:

Back by popular demand!!! Of course we will serve this with Mashed Potatoes & Gravy and freshly mixed Vegetables for 80 Pesos.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010:

Tonight we are serving “JIM’S FAMOUS HICKORY SMOKED BABY BACK RIBS” together with homemade Baked Beans, Baked Potato with Butter and Sour Crème and our secret BBQ Sauce.

Thursday, December 2, 2010:

Chili con Carne & Texas Hold’EM & Billiard Tournament:

I like to proudly introduce you to my new team member Elena that is working for me now for some time and she will be taking care of you on Thursdays and Fridays. Let’s face it; Thursday is never a strong day for me since most of you are going to BAD BOYZ BEACH BAR. But, we always have fun playing poker and shooting pool and later on the whole Bad Boys Crew is coming up to MOM’S and we are having a late night Party. You are invited to come and join and have dinner either before or after the music!!!
    I will cook a delicious Chili con Carne with different meat and sausages in it. The meal comes with crispy Garlic Bread and it’s an endless bowl for 60 Pesos. Looking forward to see you up here!!!

Friday, December 3:

“Bubba’s” Jambalaya, Cajun Style:

I am looking at this recipe for the longest time and I can’t wait to cook it and share it with you. It is a Southern classic, with chicken, bacon, sausage, ham, and shrimp. I will serve it with White Rice and freshly mixed Garden Salad with the dressing of your choice and crispy Garlic Bread. The price for the meal is 100 Pesos/pp. I will only cook a limited amount but I will consider your confirmed reservation up to the day before.

Saturday, December 4, 2010 & Sunday, December 5, 2010:

Closed! Sunday=Funday!!!

Dinners are 80 Pesos unless stated otherwise. ½ Orders are available for 50 Pesos!
    We will always have a dessert as well. Ask you server. Dessert is not included!!!

FREE WIRELESS!!!

MOM’S BAR

If you like to be removed from my mailing list please reply with the word ‘Remove’ in the subject. If you like to forward it to a friend than please feel free to do so!

I think I’m overdue for a visit. Maybe it’s time for a rib night.
    If you found useful information on In The Roo, please take a moment to register and Like the post(s) or send a thank you message to the author!

Default Menu starting Dec. 6, 2010 & more

MOM’S BAR

Hola Amigos!

Happy Sunday = Fun Day!

Thank you everybody for your continued patronage. We are already very busy and I decided to add more staff to my team. Additionally to Yessica I like to introduce you to Elena and Tanya who are taking excellent care of you and Arturo that backs me up in the kitchen. Come and check us out. You will be pleasantly surprised! Other than that it’s business as usual. Check out our "German Double Chocolate Rum & Pecan Cake" for dessert or enjoy our "Coffee & Shot" Special for 50 Pesos! Have you tried our "Cadillac Margarita"??? It is the best Margarita in town!!

Coming up soon: MOM’S BAR BBQ NIGHT!!! I have bought a BBQ Grill and we will soon grill your Steak, Pork Fillet, Chicken Breast, Burger or Hot Dog to the order. You can choose your sides and I am planning to prepare Potato Salad, Pasta Salad, Cole Slaw and Mixed Garden Salad. Can’t wait……..

So, whats cooking at Mom’s this week?

Monday, December 6, 2010:
    Honey & Pineapple Glazed Ham:
    I cooked this a few weeks ago and it was delicious. We start you out with a freshly mixed Garden Salad with the Dressing of your choice and Garlic Bread. The Ham is served with creamy Mashed Potatoes and today’s fresh Vegetables. What a bargain for 80 Pesos!!!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010:
    Catch of the Day & Texas Hold’ EM:
    I am going fishing with some friends of mine! In the evening I am serving the "Catch of the day" with Rice Pilaf and a freshly Mixed Garden Salad with the dressing of your choice for 80 Pesos. We have a confirmed Texas Hold’EM Tournament after Dinner. You are invited to join us.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010:
    Tonight we are serving “JIM’S FAMOUS HICKORY SMOKED BABY BACK RIBS” together with homemade Baked Beans, Baked Potato with Butter and Sour Creme and our secret BBQ Sauce.

Thursday, December 9, 2010:
    Pasta Bolognesa & Texas Hold’EM & Billiard Tournament:
    We always have fun playing Poker and shooting pool and later on the whole Bad Boys Crew is coming up to MOM’S and we are having a late night Party. You are invited to come and join and have dinner either before or after the music!!!
    I will cook a delicious Pasta Bolognesa that comes with Salad and Garlic Bread for 80 Pesos!

Friday, December 10:
    Shrimp Alfredo or Beef Stroganoff:
    Both of them are served over Fettuccine Pasta with Salad and Garlic Bread for 80 Pesos.

Saturday, December 11 2010 & Sunday, December 12, 2010:
    Closed! Sunday=Fun day!!!
    We will always have a dessert as well. Ask you server. Dessert is not included!!!
    FREE WIRELESS!!!

MOM’S BAR

Default Schedule Christmas Week

MOM’S BAR

Hello my Friends!!!

I like to invite you and your family and friends to my Christmas Eve Pot Luck Party. We had a great turnout on Thanksgiving Day and I like to coordinate the dishes again. So please get in touch with me. I will contribute Turkey & Ham and take care of the Gravy. Reservations are highly recommended. The Bar will open@ 4:00 pm and the Buffet is ready @ 7:00 pm. Guests that do not bring a dish need to pay 150 Pesos/Person. You can also already make a mental note that we will have another POT LUCK PARTY on New Year’s Eve, December 31, 2010.

I am looking forward to see you and enjoy all those delicious different dishes.

I extended your options for food. Besides our daily Dinner Special we offer various dishes and combos on our Black Board. Come and check it out!!
    Soup of the week:
    Creamy Chicken & Wild Rice Soup with crispy Garlic Bread for 50 Pesos!!!
    Dessert of the Week:
    Swiss Double Chocolate Rum & Almond Cake for 25 Pesos!!!
    Drink Special of the week:
    Cadillac Margaritas for 80 Pesos

Monday, December 20, 2010:

Chicken Fried Chicken, Chicken Cordon Blue or Grilled Chicken:

Do not “Chicken” out on me!!! We got the perfect Canadian Chicken Seasoning.
    I serve this meal with Mashed Potato & Gravy and today’s fresh Vegetables for 80 Pesos!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010:

“Bubba’s” Jambalaya & Texas Hold’EM:

This is a Southern Style Classic with Bacon, Ham, Sausage, Chicken & Shrimp. I will serve this rich and tasty meal with Rice and a freshly mixed Garden Salad with the dressing of your choice for 100 Pesos. It’s well worth it!!!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010:

“JIM’S” FAMOUS HICKORY SMOKED BABY BACK RIBS:

Tonight we are serving JIM’S” FAMOUS HICKORY SMOKED BABY BACK RIBS”!!!
    This meal comes with homemade Baked Beans and Baked Potato with Butter & Sour Crème.

Thursday, December 23, 2010:

Black Board Specials & Texas Hold’EM & Billiard Tournament:

We always have fun playing Poker and shooting pool. You are invited to come and join and have Dinner either before or after the music!!!
    We will serve our “Black Board Specials”. Become a friend of mine on Face Book: Moms Bar Pdc to get your daily update on Specials and Events.

Friday, December 24, 2010:

Christmas Eve Pot Luck Party:

Merry Christmas from me & the staff at MOM’S Bar. Happy Holidays. We hope to see you tonight and that we can celebrate together like a big Family.

Saturday, December 25, 2010 & Sunday, December 26, 2010:

FREE WIRELESS!!!

Opening Hours: The Bar is open from Monday to Friday from 4:00 pm to 11:00 pm.

MOM’S BAR
    If you like to be removed from my mailing list please reply with the word ‘Remove’ in the subject. If you like to forward it to a friend than please feel free to do so!

Soup of the week:
    Beef Stew with Vegetables and crispy Garlic Bread for 40 Pesos!!!
    Dessert of the Week:
    Double Chocolate Rum & Pecan Cake for 25 Pesos!!!
    Drink Special of the week:
    Peach Margarita for 60 Pesos

Monday, January 10, 2011:

Honey & Pineapple Smoked Ham:

This meal comes with Mashed Potatoes & Gravy and Vegetables for 80 Pesos.
    I also have some Beef Ribs available.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011:

Chicken Fried Steak, Chicken Fried Chicken, Chicken Cordon Blue & Poker

We serve this with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy and Corn for 80 Pesos!

Wednesday, January 12, 2010:

“JIM’S” FAMOUS HICKORY SMOKED BABY BACK RIBS:

Tonight we are serving “JIM’S” FAMOUS HICKORY SMOKED BABY BACK RIBS”!!!
    This meal comes with choices of Home Made Baked Beans, Baked Potato with Butter & Sour Crème and Salad.
    My BBQ is giving me some trouble but if I have it fixed by today we will also offer a choice of Pork Tenderloin and different Sausages.
    To find out become a friend of mine on Face Book: Moms Bar Pdc

Thursday, January 13, 2010:

Pasta Bolognese & Game Night:

You are welcome to join us to our “Game Night”!!!
    We play Texas Hold’ EM, Billiard, Back Gammon, Liar’s Dice, Scrabble and Dominos.
    I am serving a delicious Pasta Bolognese with Garden Salad and Garlic Bread

Friday, January 14, 2010:

“Bubba’s” Jambalaya:

Traditional Southern Style Dish with Bacon, Ham, Chicken, and Sausage & Shrimp in a Tomato based Sauce served with Rice Pilaf on the side. The meal comes with a side of Garden Salad with the dressing of your choice for 100 Pesos.

Saturday, January 15, 2011 & Sunday, January 16, 2011:

FREE WIRELESS!!!

MOM’S BAR
    /rentals

Default Valentines Day & more

MOM’S BAR

Hola mi amigos,

Happy Sunday =Fun Day.

I like to invite you, single or committed, to

MOM’S BAR "VALENTINE’S DAY" POT LUCK PARTY on February 14, 2011 @ 7.00 pm.

The Bar opens @ 4:00 pm and we will start serving Appetizers around 6:00 pm.
    I will contribute a variety of different Meats, together with a big pot of Mashed Potatoes & Gravy. Please bring a dish of your choice. You don’t have to actually cook anything.
    Feel free to bring some Appetizers as in Smoked Salmon, Salamis, Pastramis, Cheeses, Desserts or whatever you like. Guests that do not bring anything are still welcome to join for 150 Pesos/Person. I am looking forward to host this event and to see you and taste and sample all this delicious food that you always bring and make sure that we all have a good time.
    No reservation or confirmation necessary!!! I hope that you will be there.

Now, let’s see what is happy-ning this week at MOM’S:

Monday, February 14, 2011:

Valentine’s Day Pot Luck Party:

Tuesday, February 15, 2011:

The meal comes with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy and Corn for 80 Pesos!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011:

BBQ Grill Special:

“Jim’s” famous Hickory Smoked Baby Back Ribs: Full Order = 150 P, Half Order =90 P
    You can select 2 out of the following side Orders:
    Homemade Baked Beans or Baked Potato with Butter and Sour Cream or Garden Salad.

Thursday, February 17, 2011:

Pasta Bolognese & Game Night:

Enjoy an evening playing games and hanging out with your friends having a great Dinner. We always have fun playing Poker and Billiard. You are invited to come and join and have Dinner with us. I will serve Pasta Bolognese with freshly mixed Garden Salad and crispy Garlic Bread for 80 Pesos.
    We also have our “Black Board Specials”. Become a friend of mine on Face Book: Moms Bar Pdc to get your daily update on Specials and Events.

Friday, February 18, 2011:

Friday Night Blue Plate Special: Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

This is one of “MOM’S” Classics. The Pork Tenderloin is stuffed with Bacon and Portabella Mushrooms. I serve this meal with Mashed Potatoes & Gravy, fresh Vegetables and Bread for 80 Pesos.

Saturday, February 19, 2011 & Sunday, February 20, 2011:

FREE WIRELESS!!!

MOM’S BAR

Default St. Patrick’s Day and more…..

MOM’S BAR

Happy Sunday =Fun Day to all of you.

I like to invite you to

MOM’S BAR "St. Patrick’s Day" Pot Luck Party on Thursday, March 17, 2011

It’s all about the green food and thankfully Mother Nature has provided us with plenty of that. Everybody who comes wearing "Green" and joins the Buffet will get the first Beer or "House Drink" for Free. I will contribute "Pulled Pork" and "Roast Beef" together with a big pot of Mashed Potatoes and Gravy.
    It is a Pot Luck Party and you can join for free by contributing with a dish of your choice. You don’t actually have to cook. Feel free to bring some Appetizers, Salads or Desserts. You can also join the Buffet without food contribution for 150 Pesos/Person.
    The Bar will be open @ 4:00 pm. We start to serve Appetizers around 6:00 pm, Dinner around 7:00 pm and afterwards the Desserts.
    MOM’S POT LUCK PARTIES are known to be providing the best and most selections of food and great people at the fraction of the cost of buying dinner elsewhere! No Reservation or Confirmation needed! I am looking forward to host this Event and to enjoy all that delicious food that we all always come up with. Hope to see you there!!! Jurgen

Now, let’s see what is cooking at MOM’S this week

Monday, February 21, 2011:

Roast Beef or Penne Pasta “Al Forno”:

Tonight you have 2 choices:
    Slowly cooked Roast Beef with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy or
    Penne Pasta with a rich Sauce Bolognese and baked with cheese
    Both meals are served with a side of salad and bread and butter for 80 Pesos.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011:

The meal comes with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy and Vegetables for 80 Pesos!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011:

BBQ Grill Special:

“Jim’s” famous Hickory Smoked Baby Back Ribs: Full Order = 150 P, Half Order =90 P
    Homemade Baked Beans or Baked Potato with Butter and Sour Cream or Garden Salad.

Thursday, February 24, 2011:

“Endless” Bowl of Chili con Carne with Garlic Bread & Game Night: (……and maybe a Crazy Canucks Buffet night. Awaiting confirmation….stay tuned on Face Book!!!)

Enjoy an evening playing games and hanging out with your friends having a great Dinner. We always have fun playing Poker and Billiard. You are invited to come and join and have Dinner with us. I will serve an endless Bowl of Chile and crispy Garlic Bread for 80 Pesos.
    We also have our “Black Board Specials”. Become a friend of mine on Face Book: Moms Bar Pdc to get your daily update on Specials and Events.

Friday, February 25, 2011:

Friday Night Blue Plate Special: Shrimp Alfredo or Beef Stroganoff

This is one of “MOM’S” Classics. Both meals are served over Fettuccini Pasta with freshly mixed Garden Salad and Garlic Bread 80 Pesos…..

Saturday, February 26, 2011 & Sunday, February 27, 2011:

FREE WIRELESS!!!

MOM’S BAR

Default Peanut pet shelter fund raiser & more…

MOM’S BAR

Hallo my friends. Happy Sunday =Fun Day to all of you.

I like to invite you to the
    Peanut Pet Shelter Fundraiser Party on Friday, March 4, 2011 @ 4:00 pm

This event was planned and created by our friend Gary Hoke who did a fantastic job.
    It will be a night full of fun with auctions, 50/50 and drinking games.
    If you like you can donate a bag of dog food as well. On the menu that night is our “Classic” Chili con Carne with Garlic Bread. It is an “All you can eat” for 80 Pesos.
    MOM’S BAR will donate 20% of all sales of food and beverages.
    If you have any items to donate for the auction as in tours, dinners, accommodation or anything else than please come and join us or stop by next week during regular business hours. Thank you!!!

So, let’s see what cooking at MOM’S this week:

Monday, February 28, 2011:

Pork Tenderloin stuffed with Bacon & Portabella Mushrooms:

I will serve this meal with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy and vegetables for 80 Pesos.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011:

Slowly cooked Beef Short Ribs:

I am looking forward myself to this Dinner!!! The Ribs are simmering all day in the Crockpot in their own juices, Red Wine and our “Secret” BBQ Sauce. I will serve this with Mashed Potatoes, freshly mixed Garden Salad & Bread for 100 Pesos.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011:

BBQ Grill Special:

Baked Beans or Baked Potato with Butter and Sour Cream or Garden Salad.

Thursday, March 3, 2011:

Beef Stroganoff & Game Night:

Come and join us to play Texas Hold’ EM, Billiard, Dominoes, Back Gammon, Liars Dice and have some fun. The Dinner Tonight is Beef Stroganoff served over Pasta with Garden Salad and Garlic Bread for 80 Pesos.
    We also have our “Black Bord Specials”. Become a friend of mine on Face Book: Moms Bar Pdc to get your daily update on Specials and Events.

Friday, March 4, 2011:

Peanut Pet Shelter Fundraiser:

Saturday, March 5, 2011 & Sunday, March 6, 2011:

Closed! Sunday=Fun Day!!!
    FREE WIRELESS!!!

MOM’S BAR

Page 1 of 4 123 LastLast